Please refer regularly to this page for ID Fight's response to the Covid-19 virus. We are constantly reviewing this fast-moving situation and will update this page with any changes. As an organisation we receive no public funding and it is an unprecedented and demanding time for our staff and volunteers who work tirelessly not only to offer a range of training courses but to foster a supportive and friendly stage combat community.
We thank you for your support and would encourage you to check back from time to time for updates. All registered students on courses will be contacted directly with the information below.
Last Updated: 00:57, 21 June 2020
While all courses and workshops have been suspended until July, we are working hard towards rescheduling earlier courses and are waiting on venues' decisions on their health and safety procedures following government advice. Currently, our venues remain closed.
We are taking a number of steps to maintain safe standards when we return to the classroom. We will still avoid running drop-in classes where we cannot control the number of students turning up, so Sunday Combat Lab sessions remain cancelled until further notice.
Courses listed on our Training Diary fall into two categories:
Running - These courses will be running as advertised and we will still take bookings for any not sold out already.
Rescheduled – Due to circumstances beyond our control such as venue closures these courses will be rescheduled to a future date. These dates will be confirmed as soon as possible and we will keep in contact with individual students enrolled on the courses with any updates.
Creating Safe Spaces
Until further notice, we plan to follow the procedures below when courses resume:
- Our venue is being cleaned daily with all handles and key areas sanitised.
- All equipment used will be disinfected before and after use.
- We will require students to take a temperature test and wash their hands with soap and water or use sanitiser (provided) at the start of a session. Any students with high temperature (37.8C and above) or regular coughing will be sent home and asked to follow government guidelines for those showing potential signs of Covid–19. Please be assured we will not penalise you for self-quarantining. Where this impacts on assessments we will work with you to find alternative future times to continue your training hours.
- We will supply face masks for students to wear throughout the sessions. These will be for students to keep. Although they are not a guarantee of safety a mask cuts the chance of the disease being passed on as well as protection from passing on a general cold.
- We would ask students to bring their own water flask to class.
We will continue to monitor the situation and review our policy if government guidelines or circumstances change.
Our Cancellation policy
Please see below a temporary update to our cancellation policy:
- 14-Day Cooling-Off Period - refund
There is a 14-day cooling off period, so long as this period does not cross over into the 14 days prior to the course start date. During the cooling off period, you may cancel your enrolment and obtain a full refund (via the same method of payment used) minus any charges ID has incurred e.g. when making a card payment for £100, ID is charged 1.4% + 20p (subject to change) so only receives £98.40 - this is the amount you will be refunded back to your card. We would humbly and kindly ask you to consider taking credit in lieu of a refund if possible so we can manage the cash flow of paying venues, suppliers etc. should this be possible for you.
- Cancellations after the cooling off period prior to the course commencing
100% of the workshop fee will be credited onto your ID account to reuse for future courses.
- Cancellations during an ongoing course
We will not penalise you for self-quarantining and will review absences on an individual basis. This may mean you can still complete the course on the reduced hours or may need to defer to a future course. We may also offer you training equal to the number of hours you have missed as an alternative. Your course leader should be notified of any absence so they can discuss the best way forward for you.
Course Enquiries contact
Please email email@example.com for any matters relating to your enrolment or any other courses. As there has been an influx of message, we thank you in advance for your patience.
Mental Health Advice
Advice From Equity
ID Fight Community On Facebook
Join our Facebook community group to stay in contact with other students: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IDFight/